Pipe bursts are quite common plumbing issues that most people face at some time on the other. In some cases, the problem is caused by aging installations while at others, it is due to climatic changes. Regardless of the issue, it can be genuinely challenging to handle this problem whenever it occurs.
We at Dr Drain East Melbourne are one of the most renowned companies in the region and can handle all your emergency plumbing requirements like pipe bursts etc. Unfortunately, we have seen that many people do not call a plumbing professional until things get out of control.
The cracks that develop on deteriorated pipelines may not be visible until you get regular maintenance of the plumbing systems done. if you have noticed these issues, it is best to call us without delay and get the problem fixed on time.
Steps to Take
- If you have a burst pipe on your property, there are specific steps that you should be taking:
- Locate where the burst pipe is. In some situations come this may not be possible because the pipe may be behind a wall or some features. You may only notice a large amount of water pooling in that area. In this situation, you would have to call in the plumber to deal with the problem immediately.
Signs That you Have a Burst Pipes
These are some of the common signs of burst pipes to look out for:
- Check whether there is water dripping for spraying out of the pipe continuously.
- Determine whether there are any wet or damp spots on the wall surfaces.
- At times, you may also find that there is some water pooling or accumulating near the area where there is a burst pipe.
- If you notice a drop in the water pressure suddenly in a specific area of your home, you must check whether water is seeping out through the tiling or walls.
- Mildew and mould growth also indicates humidity and moisture, which could be a result of burst pipes behind the walls.
- Most properties will have access panels to reach the plumbing installations. You can open up that area and try to determine where the leakage is.
- Even before you do all of this, turn off the main valve near the metre. It will stop the water from flowing out of the burst pipe in great force.
- If the water leakage is anywhere near electrical installations, turn off the circuit that connects to that area.
Hire Licensed Plumbers
Whenever you are dealing with a burst or leaking pipe, you must call in a licensed plumber without delay. These issues need professional assistance, and it is never a good idea to try to handle them yourself.
Keep handy the number of a reliable local plumber so that you can contact us in case of any plumbing emergency. We are committed to providing our clients value for money, and our team will handle the worst cry problem within the shortest possible time.
For information about our professional plumbing services, feel free to contact Dr Drain East Melbourne at 0387792539 or send us your queries through the Online Form on this page, and one of our experts will contact you shortly. You can also book an appointment here.